With the rapid development of information technology, people’s work and life are difficult to leave modern intelligent electronic products such as computers, mobile phones, tablets and e-readers.According to research by some scientific research institutions, the average time taken by our eyes to touch the screen of electronic devices has exceeded 6 hours. If you follow the crowd, the time for teenagers to watch the screen has exceeded 2 to 4 hours, and more than 53% of teenagers have eye problems from electronic screens.Adults with job needs will take longer to watch electronic screens. According to the survey data, adults have been on the screen for more than 6 hours per person. Some working people with special requirements, such as IT engineers, e-commerce practitioners, etc., have even touched the screen for more than 11 hours a day.What is worrying is that such long-term screen contact time has directly led to various eye discomforts and even eye diseases such as myopia, cataracts and macula.
So why do our eyes cause so many eye problems after a long exposure to the electronic screen? The reason is that the screen light source of electronic products contains harmful blue light that can cause irreversible damage to our eyes.
What is Blue light? Are all blue lights harmful? How should we protect our eyes from blue light?Today, let’s discuss the above briefly.
1.What is the blue light?
Simply put, blue light is the blue component of light. But it must be stated here that not all blue light is harmful light. The blue light that is really harmful to our eyes means those wavelengths are at Short-wave blue light from 400 to 440 nm. And this kind of blue light happens to exist in our modern smart tools such as computers, mobile phones, e-readers, etc. Even our commonly used LED products and the neon lights on the street, the blue light in their lights is also harmful Short-wave blue light.
This type of short-wave harmful blue light can penetrate the lens and reach our retina, producing free radicals. These free radicals cause the death of our retinal pigment epithelial cells, which eventually cause visual impairment.
2.How can we detect blue light and their wavelengths?
If you want to detect the intensity of blue light in various light sources, it is harmful blue light or beneficial blue light. – Here, the blue light with a wavelength between 480 and 500 nanometers is beneficial to blue light, which can adjust the biological rhythm and also promote Sleep, adjusting the mood and even helping memory are very useful to us. — The easiest, most direct, and most accurate way is to use a spectrum analyzer that can help you analyze more than all of the blue light data, and all the light data you can get through it. Of course, for the average person, the spectrum analyzer is too professional and expensive, so if you do have analytical needs, you can find some local optical research institutions. Of course, you can also go to find your high school physics teacher.
3. How to prevent our eyes from being exposed to blue light？
The most direct and effective way to prevent our eyes from being damaged by harmful blue light is to touch the screen of products such as computers and mobile phones as little as possible, but if we can’t do this, what else can we do to achieve the goal?
The following practices should help you！
- When we have to touch the screens of computers and mobile phones for a long time, we should develop a good habit of eye protection, and try to reduce the continuous uninterrupted staring at the screen, preferably every 20 minutes to 30 minutes. Get up and look into the distance, or massage your eyes so that your eyes are fully rested.
- When we use tools such as computers and mobile phones, we can adjust the screen color to eye protection mode or warm color, and dim the screen brightness as much as possible, because the blue light in warm colors is less than the blue light in cold colors. In addition, the brighter the screen, the greater the damage to the eyes, especially at night, when you look at the phone or computer screen in a room that is not lit or in a dimly outside area.
- Pay attention to your diet structure, add more lutein and vitamin C, you can eat as much as possible of fruits and vegetables rich in these two ingredients.
- Be sure to remember more exercise, enhance physical fitness can enhance the body’s resistance to various harmful substances.
- Of course, if you can wear professional and professional anti-Blu-ray glasses when using electronic screens such as computers and mobile phones, you can more effectively prevent harmful blue light from harming our eyes!
So now the question is coming. How many anti-Blu-ray glasses products are on the market, how do we choose?
Here are some simple and easy ways to do it:
- Check if the lens of the glasses is light yellow. High-quality anti-blue glasses lenses will have a faint yellow color, but they will not obstruct the view at all, and the perspective is very good.
- Put the anti-Blu-ray glasses in front of the phone or computer screen, the surface of the lens will reflect blue light, which means the lens is effectively blocking the blue light.
- Check the relevant test report of the glasses. The blue light-proof functional glasses will clearly indicate the anti-blue light function of the lens and the exact data to indicate the blue blocking rate of the lens. Strictly speaking, the blue blocking rate of more than 35% will protect the eyes.
- You can purchase anti-blue glasses test card for testing.
Jiangxi Tongtu Trading Co., Ltd.’s anti-blue light glasses products not only have superior anti-blue light performance, but because of its excellent production capacity and high-end electroplating process, the products can not only achieve the anti-blue light effect, but also satisfy people’s appearance and materials. Process。